things that have happened in the past five days:
- my public speaking anxiety is squashed which is personally a sort of big deal for me since i am the most anxious person alive. it’s nice to see that i went from an anxious ninth grader who would throw up every day because i was nervous to basically live, to this and it just shows a lot of progress i’ve made and i don’t know i’m happy about it
- in this cheesy “friendship” circle i had to go to, which i was not excited for at all, my whole viewpoint of life changed. i saw people i idolized, envied, despised, etc. humanized, and it was really weird for me. Some girl mentioned that through this program we’re in, she was able to teach herself that humans are humans, and you need to bring them back to Earth and rationalize them. I also heard some people talk about really heavy things they’ve gone through in life, and I came to this seemingly obvious realization that people go through so much shit and we forget that and approach them with preconceived judgments when it usually isn’t right. wow i love run on sentences. anyways, yeah, after this circle i started crying because i was confronted with a lot of life lessons and social skills and it was really overwhelming
- so many people showed their appreciation for me this week. it means a lot to me because if you think about it, wow, someone took the time out of their day to thank you, or simply appreciate your existence.
- i became so close with five individuals, and we only had five days together and they’re all from around california. i probably won’t see them all together ever again, it was so sad because i truly became attached to these people and made connections with them and ugh life is so fucking WEIRD
- all of this = overwhelmed hanna who is procrastinating to do the work she’s missed while she was out of town
Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
—Katherine Henson (KatherineHere.com) (via kiddings)